Vehicle Insurance: Car, Auto, SUV, Pickup Truck, Van; How much is required in California?
Vehicle Insurance Requirements | What Are the Minimum Liability Insurance Requirements for Private Passenger Vehicles (California Insurance Code §11580.1b)? FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property.
( Source: California DMV )
Auto Insurance Quotes
the Safe, Secure Way
4 Required Form Fields, Your Work is Done!
What Are the Types of Financial Responsibility?
- Motor vehicle insurance liability policy.
- A cash deposit of $35,000 with DMV.
- DMV-issued self-insurance certificate.
- Surety bond for $35,000 from a company licensed to do business in California.
For information regarding cash deposits or self-insurance, contact the DMV Financial Responsibility Unit at (916) 657-6520.
To locate a company that issues surety bonds, contact the Department of Insurance at www.insurance.ca.gov or by calling 1-800-927-4357.
Now that you have a grasp on what’s required of California drivers for vehicle insurance and your financial responsibility, let’s take a look at what SGB makes available to custom tailor an auto insurance policy to meet your specific insurance needs. For our Auto Insurance Custom Offers Click HERE