Is Term Life Insurance Your Best Choice?
Term Life Insurance Basics
Term Life Insurance provides a cost-effective solution for your temporary life insurance needs and gives you the flexibility to change your policy should your temporary needs turn into permanent goals.
Term Life Insurance is right for you if you want:
- An affordable way to get maximum coverage
- To cover specific financial responsibilities like a mortgage or college expenses
- To supplement your Permanent Life Insurance during periods when coverage needs are higher, such as family-growing, mortgage-paying years
Term life insurance offers death benefit protection for a specified period of time (or “term”), typically for 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. Should you pass away during the policy term, the full death benefit is paid to the beneficiary you chose – and can help cover expenses such as a mortgage or college tuition.
Term Life Insurance Benefits:
- Generally costs less than permanent types of life insurance
- Level payments (or “premiums”) that are guaranteed for a pre-defined period of time
- May be renewed at the end of the original term
- No cash value or surrender value
- May be converted to permanent coverage, within certain parameters
How Does Term Life Insurance Work?
- You select the policy term.
- As long as you pay the policy premium, your policy stays in force for the entire term.
- If you pass away during the term period, the full death benefit is paid to the beneficiaries you chose.