Prevent Home Burglary | There are still plenty of criminals interested in breaking into your home. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t make it tough for them! The first step in home crime prevention is to eliminate opportunity, and it’s up to you to reduce those opportunities.
Home Burglary Night or Day? Burglars Prefer Day!
Though many people only worry about nighttime security, most burglaries actually occur during daylight hours when most people are at work, school, or running errands. It’s important to take precautions during the day, at night, and any time you leave the house to ensure your home stays secure. Of course, you also want to have your Homeowner’s Insurance Coverage in place.
When it comes to protecting your family and your belongings, you can’t be too careful, and there are plenty of ways you can protect your home from invasion or burglary. This list of tips will discuss prevention steps to take both inside and outside your home, and even ways to keep your home protected while you’re away on vacation. Don’t let your home fall prey to a thief: make it a waste of his time and resources!
What You Can Do To Keep Your Home And Family Safe from Home Burglary
The best way to keep your homeowner’s insurance price low is to steer clear of any claims. One of the best ways to stay claim free is to secure your house from burglars. Here are some helpful tips for how you can prevent a home burglary from happening to you…
First Tip: Property Insurance
It is best to have property insurance on your homeowner’s policy. In the unfortunate case that a burglar breaks in and takes your belongings homeowner coverage offered at SGB insurance will stand by you so you don’t have to face it alone. Homeowner coverage includes property insurance which will replace or reimburse you for missing items taken from your home in the case of a home burglary.
If there is interior damage in your home, property insurance will cover you to fix those damages and get your life back to normal. The best way to make sure you have the proper amount of protection on your property insurance is to create a home inventory of your belongings.
Second Tip: Secure your house from Home Burglary
Although Property Insurance will cover you in the event that burglary happens, it is best to do your best to prevent home burglary and stay claim free!
- Basic Home Security– The best thing you can do is to educate yourself on basic home security. This includes locking doors, closing doors and windows, and leaving some lights on when no one is at the house, to trick robbers into thinking someone is home! Do not let people know you will be away, avoid broadcasting this to the public. Avoid leaving a voicemail saying you will be away, posting on social media sites publicly, and put a hold on your mail.
- Keep your valuables a secret– Install blinds or drapes in your home to prevent robbers from being able to look inside. Store exterior valuables such as motorcycles, cars, or other machinery in your garage.
- Look into security systems– Advanced Security Technology such as security cameras, motion detectors, and alarms are the latest technologies to alert you and emergency lines if suspicious activity occurs.
- Find a trustworthy neighbor– Befriend a neighbor and create a pact to keep an eye on each other’s homes.
- Sleep with your car alarm– One of the best alarms is sitting in your garage and free. Take advantage of the panic button on your car! Keep your keys on hand in your house, and if you suspect anything strange, hit your panic button to sound the alarm and scare off possible burglars.
- Do not go outside to look for burglars– Leave the burglars to the police! It is best not to deal with criminals by choice and leave it as a last resort, leave criminals to the well trained and call the 911 immediately.
A Note from SGB Insurance.
SGB encourages you to stay safe and do whatever you can to protect your loved ones and valuables! Follow the tips above to prevent theft, and come visit us here at SGB Insurance Agency so we can find you the best property insurance for your homeowner policy.
(Related Article coming Soon.)
Just Give Us A Call
During Office Hours:
9:am – 5:pm M-F
9:am 1:pm Saturday
(Se Hablo Español)