Commercial Property Insurance
Equipment, Furniture, Etc.
Business property insurance is something every company needs – whether you own your own building, lease or work from home. Have you requested your Commercial Insurance Quote yet?
One of the core coverage’s in a business owners’ policy (BOP), commercial property insurance protects your building and its contents, as well as exterior fixtures, such as a fence or outdoor sign.
Commercial business property insurance definition
This type of insurance protects your company’s physical assets from fire, explosions, burst pipes, storms, theft, and vandalism. Earthquakes and floods typically aren’t covered by this type of insurance, unless those perils are added to the policy.
How much does this type of insurance cost?
Determining how much you’ll pay for commercial business insurance largely depends on the value of all of your business assets, including your building. Other factors that determine your premium are based on risk, including:
- Location. Is the area prone to storms and other natural disasters?
- Construction. Is your building constructed with fireproof materials? Does it have new or upgraded electrical wiring, plumbing, and HVAC?
- Occupancy. What is your industry? A realtor’s office generally carries less risk than a restaurant or repair shop.
- Fire and theft protection. How far is the nearest fire hydrant and fire station? Does your business have a fire alarm and/or sprinkler system? How about a security system?
When shopping for commercial property insurance, make sure you have all the information you’ll need for a quote.
What does this type of insurance cover?
Commercial property insurance covers your building, everything in it and just outside of it, including:
- Furniture and equipment
- Exterior signs
- Fence and landscaping
- Important documents
- Others’ property
Protecting Your Business Property With Commercial Property Insurance
This kind of business insurance coverage can protect your business against everything from a minor hiccup to a major loss.
Here are some examples:
- A fire could destroy your building and the contents inside
- A burst water pipe could damage valuable documents
- A storm could damage your outdoor sign
Whether you own your freestanding building, lease an office or work at home, this type of business insurance protects your business’ physical assets.
What’s covered by this type of insurance
Commercial property and equipment insurance helps ensure the future of your business. It helps protect:
- Your building
- Your outdoor sign
- Your furniture and equipment
- Your inventory
- Your fence and landscaping
- Others’ property
You may want to consider Commercial Umbrella Insurance…
Just Give Us A Call
During Office Hours:
9:am – 5:pm M-F
9:am – 1:pm Saturday
(Si Di Yo Hablo Español)