Workers Compensation and Where It Can Help
Workers Compensation Insurance | At SGB Insurance Services, Inc., we understand having a workplace that is safe and protected for you and your employees gives you extra security. As a California employer, you have an obligation to ensure a safe workplace and the law requires a business to have Workers Compensation Insurance. Work Comp insurance can provide the coverage to protect you from those unpredictable occurrences.
Workers Compensation and Where It Can Help
SGB Insurance can offer many different programs for different industries in California, in order to customize a package that fits your needs for your industry. We take a proactive approach to our clients’ Workers Compensation challenges. We will work to reduce your insurance costs, thereby saving you money this year and years to come.
Coverage and benefits can be obtained for the worker no matter who is at fault. For those workers injured in the workplace, medical expenses and income replacement may be necessary. Our network of companies and experienced agents can analyze your California workers comp insurance needs. By contacting us today, we can assist and guide you through these complicated steps.
Workers’ compensation insurance can help if, for example:
- An employee is injured in an auto accident while running errands for the company
- An associate develops carpal tunnel syndrome from working on the computer
- An employee gets hurt while restocking the supply room
Just Give Us A Call
During Office Hours:
9:am – 5:pm M-F
9:am – 1:pm Saturday
(Si Di Yo Hablo Español)
How does this benefit the California business owner?
Servicing Your Workers’ Compensation Insurance Needs in Riverside County, California
Having the proper California workers compensation coverage can protect your employees and your business from loss and financial damage. At SGB Insurance Services, Inc., we can service your work comp insurance needs in California’s Inland Empire, Riverside County including the Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Fallbrook, Hemet, Perris, and Corona areas.
How Does this Kind of Insurance Work?
When employees suffer a work-related injury or illness, The Hartford Workers’ Compensation Insurance protection helps cover wages and medical benefits and gives them access to experienced, caring professionals at every step of their recovery.
We have programs designed to support companies, promote employee safety and well-being and help get personnel back to work as soon as reasonably possible; or if necessary, to other transitional work, and possibly training for new skills. If an employee can’t return to work, the coverage can provide a long-term benefit.
The advantages of workman’s comp insurance from The Hartford include:
- Preferred Medical Provider Network: Employees can tap into our nationwide network of more than one million providers experienced in treating workplace injuries.
- Prescription Drug Features: More than 65,000 participating pharmacies throughout the US are available to fill prescriptions, usually with no out-of-pocket expense to the injured worker. The convenience of mail order service is just a phone call or click away.
- Nursed Back to Health: The Hartford provides highly experienced nurse case managers to help coordinate care and treatment along with physical, emotional and occupational therapies.
- Pay-as-You-Go Billing Solutions: Our pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation insurance billing solution bases premium payments on actual payroll, which can help you manage cash flow and reduce audit surprises.
How Much is this Kind of Company Insurance?
In most states, the cost of Workmans’ Comp insurance can vary between insurance companies as they compete for customers. Despite the variability, all insurance companies base Workers’ Compensation premiums on the amount of payroll an employer has as well as how dangerous the work is. Some larger employers will be impacted by their past claims experience with premium credits for low claim experience and increased premiums for those with more historical claims.
Workplace Safety/Workers Comp – Facts + Statistics:
Workers compensation insurance provides for the cost of medical care and rehabilitation for injured workers and lost wages and death benefits for the dependents of persons killed in work-related accidents. Workers compensation systems vary from state to state. Workers compensation combined ratios are expressed in two ways. Calendar year results reflect claim payments and changes in reserves for accidents that happened in that year or earlier. Accident year results only include losses from a particular year. ( See Annualized Data Here )
But what if You have No Employees
There’s a good chance your business is a start-up one person operation. In that case, you will want to consider Professional Liability Insurance.