Having business insurance just might keep you in business. Catastrophes, accidents, injuries to customers & employees or unexpected temporary closures could all affect your business significantly. Having the right insurance is important to help protect you against these and other potential pitfalls. Explore the options provided by a business owner’s policy to cover your small business. Or the solutions we offer for larger industries.
Some states require certain types of business coverage, such as workers’ compensation insurance and commercial auto insurance. Talk to our Business Insurance Specialist agents today to understand what you need to keep your business legal and protected.
Let’s see How One of Our Favorite Carriers Looks at Small Business Coverage Types
When It Comes to Smaller Businesses Insurance, We’ve Got Your Back
Our business insurance team has been dedicated to helping small business owners like you for more than 30 years. Whether it’s workers’ compensation, business income, property or liability insurance, we can help protect you. We’re here to help propel you, your employees and your small businesses forward.
Types of business insurance
At its most basic level, business insurance should help protect your company’s property, income and safeguard you against liability claims. There is not just one single type of business insurance policy, but our business owner’s policy combines three essential coverages – business property, general liability, and business income insurance – under one powerful policy:
- Business property insurance – Helps protect the physical location that your business owns or leases as well as property such as tools, equipment, and inventory.
- General liability insurance – Helps protect your business from the financial costs of property damage, bodily injury, personal and advertising injury claims made against your business.
- Business income insurance – Helps replace lost income when you are unable to conduct business due to a covered loss like a theft or fire.
Extending Your Business Insurance
As your small business grows, you may need more insurance. The Hartford offers a wide selection of business coverages to address the specific needs of different companies, so select your coverage and get your business insurance quote. Many small businesses also choose:
- Workers’ compensation insurance – If you have employees, most states require workers’ comp. This coverage provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Commercial auto insurance – If you or your employees use a vehicle for work, consider adding commercial auto to your insurance policy. This coverage helps cover costs arising from a covered work-related auto accident.
The Hartford Difference for Your Small Business
You can rest assured knowing that whatever your coverage needs, The Hartford can help you find the right insurance for your small business. Our specialists will work with you to assess the risks your business may face and help you select coverages that suit your needs – get a quote today and find out how The Hartford can help you protect your small business. Read More from The Hartford
So let’s take a look at a Business Owners Policy to see what kind of protection it offers.
One thing this article did not cover is smaller business dealing with disasters or their aftermath.