California Vehicle Insurance Requirements: Car, Auto, Sport Utility Vehicle, Commercial Vehicles, Insurance in the Murrieta, Temecula, Menifee Area
Vehicle Insurance Requirements — What Are the Minimum Liability Insurance Requirements for Private Passenger Vehicles (California Insurance Code §11580.1b)?
What Is Your Financial Responsibility?
NOTE: A Vehicle Insurance Quote Request is on this page for your personal insurance convenience.
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property. ( Source: California DMV )
Simple, Safe, and Secure
Car Insurance Quote Form
What Are the Types of Financial Responsibility?
- Motor vehicle insurance liability policy.
- A cash deposit of $35,000 with DMV.
- DMV-issued self-insurance certificate.
- Surety bond for $35,000 from a company licensed to do business in California
For information regarding cash deposits or self-insurance, contact the DMV Financial Responsibility Unit at (916) 657-6520.
To locate a company that issues surety bonds, contact the Department of Insurance at www.insurance.ca.gov or by calling 1-800-927-4357.
Now that you have a grasp on what’s required of California drivers for vehicle insurance and your financial responsibility, let’s take a look at what SGB Insurance provides, so that you can custom tailor an auto insurance policy to meet your specific personal insurance needs.
Your Simple, Safe, Secure
Quote Request Form
Just Give Us A Call
During Office Hours:
9:am – 5:pm M-F
9:am – 1:pm Saturday
(Si Di Yo Hablo Español)